Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Benefit | They're Real Mascara

Benefit | They're Real mascara.

I received this mascara sample as a birthday gift from Sephora.  When you sign up to become a beauty insider they will send you an email on your birthday to come in and get your free gift.  It's free and you can go here to sign up. 
Not all mascaras are created equal.  It depends on the length and thickness of your lashes as to what formulas you will appreciate.  If you have long think lashes you will want to go for a less wet formula.  But, I have short and sparse eyelashes so I prefer a wet and thick blend and this mascara really owns up to that preference.  I'm not crazy about the plastic wand for application, but I still really liked it.  I prefer the older wands such as the one in the Diorshow Black Out mascara.
My all time favorite mascara is the Diorshow, but I believe that the Benefit They're Real compares really nicely.  The only problem is that the Benefit mascara is $23.00 and my favorite Diorshow is $25.00 at Sephora.  Although I really like the Benefit mascara, to me, it makes sense to just purchase my first love.  Both of these mascaras can be purchased at either Sephora or Ulta.

I know that there are some really great drugstore mascaras out there, but I just haven't found any that compares to the Diorshow.

Do you have a favorite mascara?  Let me know in the comments below.  I would love to hear about it.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really helpful post, love your blog! Would be amazing if you could check out our new blog and give us some feedback:-)

    Rona and Laura xox

    http://lanarosabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite. I really enjoy reading blogs from different parts of the world. Are you in Scotland?

    ReplyDelete