Friday, July 5, 2013

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 55 Sunblock with Helioplex

Sunscreen is something that I have a love/hate relationship with.  I have incredibly sensitive skin and I need to be careful what I put on my face.  There are a lot of products out there that will cause my skin to break out, but this is not one of them.  This sunscreen is the only one, that I have found, that does not cause my skin to break out.
The bottle states that it is fast absorbing, leaves skin soft and smooth, and it's waterproof.  I use this on my face everyday underneath my Stila BB cream.
So, at this point you might be wondering what the what is Helioplex.  Me too!   This sunscreen is stabilized with Helioplex, it provides superior balanced broad-spectrum protection against skin-aging UVA and burning UVB rays, and combines it with Dry Touch technology for an ultra-light, non-shiny finish.  It is also oil free and PABA free.  I have no idea what PABA is but I do know that it isn't included in this product so that has to be a plus.  

The bottle isn't really clear as to what this Helioplex is so I turned to Wikipedia.  Internet research....  Hello Wikipedia.  You can also go to the website here.

Helioplex

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Helioplex is a formulation of broad-spectrum ultraviolet (UVA and UVB) skin protection containing avobenzone and oxybenzone made by Neutrogena.
Avobenzone-containing products have decreasing efficiency after a few hours of sun exposure, but the addition of oxybenzone reduces the amount of degradation that occurs.[1]
Aveeno advertises its products using this formulation under a different name of "Active Photobarrier Complex."

Wikipedia isn't to be completely trusted because it can be edited by anyone, but this does seem like a reasonable explanation.  Essentially, the bottle does say what Helioplex is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment